How will you react next time a someone asks you to come out and quote?
Heaps of Aussie business owners are unsure what they should be doing right now. Especially Tradies and other service type businesses.
Some are asking if they’re even allowed to be at work.
The simple answer is, you can and must keep going - and adapt to safeguard your business.
Your normal way of doing things might have to change. But there are heaps of techniques you can adopt to keep the business coming in.
Very briefly, here are a few bits of advice that apply to a lot of tradies and service businesses. Some of it makes good business sense under any circumstances. You may find you even want to keep using these techniques after COVID-19 has gone away.
- In many cases you can get a good deal of the information you need, if not all, via video link ups and virtual job tours with Apple Facetime, Whatsapp, Facebook Messenger Video Chat, or Skype.
- You can survey potential work sites using Google Map Satellite View, or Nearmap for up to date, high resolution images.
- Get customers to provide you with measurements, photos and any other details you need. You can build in a degree of flexibility around quoting conditional upon your verifying details provided.
- You can still visit many premises so long as you take steps to ensure adequate social distancing and hand hygiene.
- Now is a very good time to put together the elements of a complete quoting system for your business, with quoting checklists, price lists for standard works and qualifying scripts.
- Get customers to double check every detail of the quote to eliminate any need to vary the quote price.
- Make several video link ups with customers to ensure the best level of communication.
If you need more detail on how to implement any of these methods call the Acton Victoria Free Emergency Business Hotline and speak to a business counsellor.
ACTION VICTORIA FREE BUSINESS HOTLINE
Lines open 7:00AM to 9:00PM – 7 Days
We’ll also be running a free webinar online where we explain some of these techniques in more detail.
If you’re interested, drop us a quick email and paste the following into the body of your message.
PLEASE LET ME KNOW WHEN YOU HAVE SCHEDULED THE NEXT FREE WEBINAR ON QUOTING DURING COVID-19,
Comments are closed.